- If you suspect a family member has head lice, screen everyone in the family. If one child has lice, the siblings have an 80% chance of getting them, too.
- Check four major areas of the head:
- the front of the hair line
- behind the ears
- the crown
- back of the neck (the nape)
- Start by separating the hair. Use a regular plastic comb to press down the hair. The nits (eggs) will pop up and be easier to see.
- Next, use our “looping” method to loop hair around the comb. This also makes nits and lice easier to see. For a demonstration of looping, see our video tutorial.
- Examine the whole head. This should take about 15 minutes.
Our exclusive Hair Fairies Nit-Zapping™ System has helped thousands of families get rid of head lice at home – often permanently. You can follow this proven DIY lice treatment system at home with Hair Fairies’ all-natural, non-toxic products and tools, which have been used in schools nationwide. They are available in our online store, our salons, and at Amazon.
We recommend you contact your physician before starting any lice removal treatment.